Soft ginger cookies.
*photo by me
2 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup sugar
1. Combine flour, ginger, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat butter 30 seconds, until soft.
3. Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
4. Add egg and molasses and beat well.
5. Add 1/2 the flour mixture and stir in, then stir in the rest of the flour mixture.
6. The dough should be at a consistency that you can roll it with your hands into balls. I often have to add quite a bit more flour.
7. Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll the balls in sugar.
8. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes. Do not brown! The cookies should be almost underbaked in the middle.
9. Let, cool 2 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Store in cookie tins.
Identical Wake Up Routine
1 hour ago